An exciting opportunity has become available to work within Triland, an innovative and dynamic commodity metals brokerage and market maker. We are looking for an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial Junior Projects Analyst with a can-do attitude to join our experienced Projects Department.
Working within the Projects Department you will gain exposure to all areas of the business, including working closely with Sales, Trading and Operations departments, to help complete a wide range of tasks and responsibilities. You will gain a wide understanding of all aspects of the business as well a wider understanding of the London Metal Exchange (LME).
Strong IT skills, excellent attention to detail and planning are all essential. The ability to work well within a team – and with staff at all levels of experience - is also important. Training will be provided on all internal and market systems.
To help support your progression we will arrange for you to study for the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investments’ (CISI) Level 2 Award in Fundamentals of Financial Services, which we expect to be completed within your first six months. Thereafter, you will be encouraged to study for the CISI Level 3 Award in Capital Markets (Derivatives).
- Learning about Triland’s trading model, IT systems, Policies & Procedures.
- Testing IT software project releases and writing testing plans.
- Coordinating projects tasks to completion.
- Managing software releases for testing while maintaining details of each release and test environment.
- Supporting the rest of the marketing and projects team by providing cover, taking ownership of tasks and problem-solving issues.
- Providing analysis of requirements and learning how to turn an idea into reality.
- Growing in your role over time as we provide new incrementally complex challenges that stretch your understanding and capabilities.
- Creating and reviewing policy, procedure, technical and Wiki documentation.
- Developing yourself to be an all-rounder with an in-depth knowledge of Triland and its IT services.
You will have successfully completed A Levels (or equivalent) in ICT, Maths or Sciences, and have solid maths and English Language GCSE (or equivalent) grades.
You are keen to learn, can work without supervision when required, like to solve problems, take pride in the quality of the work you produce and have an eye for detail.
You have solid verbal and written communication skills and are a good listener.
You know how to use Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word to a basic level.
There will be a great deal to learn over an extended period, so you must be capable of maintaining consistent standards of work over extended periods.
07:30 - 17:30
In addition to a competitive starting salary, Triland offers a number of other benefits (some of which have qualifying periods), including:
- Annual bonus scheme (not contractual, wholly discretionary, and not guaranteed).
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Interest-free season ticket loan.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Death-in-Service benefit (life assurance).
- Group Income Protection.
- Excellent opportunities for learning and development.
At all times, Triland recruits the best person for the job, irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.
We regret that Triland is unable to offer visa sponsorship, so all applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK/EU without specific sponsorship requirements.
Please note that we are not accepting applications or CVs via recruitment agencies.
If your application is successful, we will be in contact via email to arrange an initial interview, which may be by telephone, Zoom, or in person. If you have not heard from us within fifteen business days of submitting your application, then we regret that your application was unsuccessful on this occasion.