An exciting opportunity has become available to work within an innovative and dynamic commodity metals brokerage and market maker. We are looking for an enthusiastic IT Security Engineer with a can-do attitude to join our experienced IT Security Department.
The Information Technology Security (IT Security) Engineer will work as part of the IT Security team responsible for maintaining a high level of security across the Triland network.
They will be responsible for testing the network for vulnerabilities and reporting back to the ITSO. They will be responsible for formulating and implementing remediation plans for both internal and external vulnerability assessments. They will manage several network security devices to detect unusual and abnormal behavior, carry out root cause analysis and remove risk. They will report directly to the ITSO but will be expected to use their own initiative and experience. They will be expected to work closely with the IT team.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, LAN/WAN, Networking and Operating System concepts.
- Working knowledge and experience of vulnerability scanning: Tenable IO, Nessus, Rapid7 IVM, Qualys etc.
- Working knowledge of web scanning tools: AppSec, Tenable WAS or other DAST tools.
- Working knowledge of SIEM and intrusion detection: Rapid7 IDR, Logrythm, Splunk etc.
- Working knowledge of web security: Menlo, Websense, Netscope etc.
- Working knowledge of packet capture methods.
- Working knowledge of security tools: nmap, sslscan, burpsuite, sqlmap, Metasploit etc.
- Working knowledge of EDR: CrowdStrike or Cortex XDR.
- Working knowledge of firewall management and security: Cisco ASA and Palo Alto.
- Working knowledge of PAM: Thycotic.
- Working knowledge of email security: DMARC, DKIM, SPF and Mimecast.
- Working knowledge of MDM and MAM: InTune.
- SSO and MFA: Duo, Okta etc.
- Communicate critical threats and remediation efforts.
- Carry out daily vulnerability scanning of all computers, web applications and firewalls.
- Perform analysis of system logs to identify unauthorized use or access.
- Make changes to the central registry to mitigate vulnerabilities.
- Create and manage ActiveDirectory Group Policy Objects.
- Manage email security policies including DNS and DMARC, DKIM and SPF records and remediate email security incidents.
- Manage the Web Application Firewall and Distributed Denial of Service applications and incidents.
- Manage endpoint security and antivirus applications and deal with security incidents.
- Monitor intrusion detection and prevention systems and deal with any incidents.
- Manage firewalls and VPN connectivity.
- Domain and local privilege account management.
- Manage Identity Management and 2FA solutions.
- Manage Web Security Gateway and analyse web usage.
- Assist with penetration testing and remediation.
- Create SSL and PKI keys and certificates.
- Provide in-depth support for information security incidents including internal violations.
- WAF and DDoS.
- Web and application development.
- Working with security certificates from local and global CAs.
- CASB and SASE architectures.
- Knowledge of ISO27001 framework.
- Experience in setting appropriate priorities for tasks to be accomplished based on project plans and management priorities are required.
- Very good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with good time and analytical skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to deliver presentations to staff .
This post would suit a Security Engineer with 2 to 3 years hands-on experience managing day-to-day security in a busy environment or SOC.
Monday to Friday
0730 – 1630 (Shift A)
1000 – 1900 (Shift B)
0800 – 1700 (Leave and Absence cover)
At all times, Triland recruits the best person for the job, irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.
We regret that Triland is unable to offer visa sponsorship, so all applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK/EU without specific sponsorship requirements.
Please note that we are not accepting applications or CVs via recruitment agencies.
If your application is successful, we will be in contact via email to arrange an initial interview, which may be by telephone, Zoom, or in person. If you have not heard from us within fifteen business days of submitting your application, then we regret that your application was unsuccessful on this occasion.